Our service providers and suppliers are important stakeholders that help to continually improve the sustainability of our activities.
We ask suppliers to work in a way that we believe is best practice to achieve our social and environmental standards as outlined through our Sustainable Thinking Operations Guides and Responsible Contracting Policy. We also include sustainability-specific requirements in our procurement process with service providers and suppliers.
Our supply chain processes include:
- Updating reports from external property/asset managers
- Regular meetings with external property/asset managers
- Checks performed by organization's employees
- Checks performed by our external consultants
- Supplier surveys and qualifying questions as per request-for-proposal processes
- Writing key performance indicators into contracts, where appropriate
- Incorporating environmental certifications, such as FSC certified materials and EcoLogo requirements, into the procurement process