Oxford’s vision is to build leading real estate businesses that create meaningful economic and social value for our customers and communities.
2020 brought a wealth of uncertainty and accelerated many trends. Our global team dedicated themselves to looking after each other, our customers, partners and communities—prioritizing health, safety and wellbeing. We learned a lot and have much to be proud of. I cannot fully express my gratitude for the resilience of our team—the myriad of ways they stepped up while also helping Oxford remain steadfast in our efforts to be a leader in sustainability.
For more than a decade, Oxford has been committed to making our buildings smarter, more efficient and low-carbon. Here are some examples of our recent success:
- reduced portfolio carbon intensity by 35% (2015 base year);
- completed the development of 260,000 sf of rooftop solar across our portfolio—representing 26% of our 1M sf commitment;
- expanded our global carbon data & analytics platform across 96% of our portfolio, enabling us to create and track hourly energy and carbon targets;
- commenced the development of Oxford’s first zero carbon office building—The Stack in Vancouver—targeted for completion in 2022; and,
- recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for our energy and carbon reduction efforts.
Sustainability is embedded in our culture. We continue to think global and act local: combining our global knowledge and best practices with local expertise, experience and needs.
This past year, our local teams went to exceptional lengths to support our communities. From delivering meals to healthcare workers, organizing fundraising campaigns and clothing drives, to donating gallery space to preserve anti-racism murals created in Washington D.C.—these are just a few examples. Our team has always been purpose-driven, ready to lend a hand to whomever needs it.
While proud of our 2020 sustainability results, we know there is much more work to be done. We continue to invest in our teams, technology and properties—ready to learn and partner with those around us to make an impact beyond our four walls.